Friday 7 September 2012

La vie et une carnivale

Carnivals.  The music, the smells, the people laughing and playing and staring in wonder. You are meandering through a crowd, on your way to grab mini doughnuts, when you spot through a break in the sea of people - a fun house.  The mirrors, the spinning ground, the startling figures that pop out at you when you least expect it. The heart is racing, you are smiling.

Stress can be like a carnival ride.  We often don't notice its underlying effects because we are so busy attempting to manage it as best we can to make it through the ride to the other side. But stress can affect our organs, our mind, our spirit.

What do you do to de-stress?

4 comments:

  1. I wish stress felt like a carnival ride. Right now, it's been more like riding through the chamber of horrors (dread really).

    I've been connecting with those in my supportive network. And, here I am, connecting with you.

    :)

    I'd value your prayers as I must do today what perhaps will be the most difficult and unpleasant thing I will have to do this year.

    Thanks for being here and for dropping by my place.

    An honest Pablo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worry about you and hope the very best for you friend. Stay well and let's talk soon!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for your posts. You are helping me to get through a very difficult time. Your words are so uplifting and encouraging. Keep on helping others! :)

    De-stressing is something new to me. I am trying to learn how to slow down. Practising meditation, drinking tea slowly, and having hot baths are techniques that I am trying lately...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you stopped by! Lola is a beautiful name. I have been trying these techniques as well, it's a learning process for sure!

      Delete