Wednesday 17 April 2013

Dog gone it that's a good walk

One of the best ways to lift your spirits is a brisk walk.  For some reason taking a walk with a dog enhances the experience as we know we are making this creature happy simply by using our two feet to help them burn off some energy.  I don't actually have a dog so I call up my friend to join him and his four legged friend for a stroll through our neighbourhood.  These walks can take up to 40 minutes.  Heart rate is pumping along, I feel calmer and stronger than I did before I left the house.  The fresh air leaves me feeling satisfied and letting the sun kiss my face keeps me glowing inside. How do you find dog walks benefit you?

2 comments:

  1. I like putting on my headphones and going for a nice evening walk in my neighborhood in the coolness of the evening temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly wish I could join you. We'd have to share earbuds though.

      Delete