Wednesday 13 June 2012

Phone a friend

Often when we visit with friends it is the result of a scheduled appointment.  We plan for a coffee meeting or a walk, noting down a time and place.  What kind of conversation could happen if we simply call up a friend and speak openly in the moment?  What sort of thoughts might come through the line?  Look through your address book today and phone up a friend you haven't met with in a while.  Let the organic conversation happen and see where it takes you.

6 comments:

  1. Actually there 's few of those I got to call... miss the random chit chats on the phone! Hx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect! Call up your friends, I am sure they will be excited to hear from you :)

      Delete
  2. Recently, I picked up the phone and called a friend. The result was intense. Not comfortable, but necessary. I've written about it, in the past two posts at my place.

    But, I get your point, and agree. Due to the fact I haven't used a car in three months, the phone has been easy way of connecting with others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's limitless possibilities at the other end of the line. You never know what you are going to get.

      Delete
  3. I really miss good old-fashioned phone conversations...the ones that would last for hours. It seems that in this day and age we all text. It's as if phone conversations have become a lost art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to hear the other person's voice. It is a comfort to me.

      Delete