Wednesday 4 June 2014

Just say no

There are only 24 hours in a day and only seven days in a week. While most species have a routine of finding shelter, food and a mate, we add in a plethora of extra expectations that threaten to distract us and drain our precious energy. When someone requests action from you that is not connected directly to your priorities, think twice before accepting the mission. Other people are attempting to further their own agenda and everyone wants a hand in getting there. Find people that share your same goals and values so you can move forward on your path together helping one another over the obstacles that may unbalance your stride. When I was separated from my husband years ago I became closely connected with another separated friend. This friend was self-medicating with alcohol and sexual partners while I was attempting yoga, river valley runs and journalling. I had to let go and it was one of the hardest and best things I have done to move myself forward and cut ties that were holding me back from true ecstasy. When have you had to say no? Was it hard and did it help you?

1 comment:

  1. this is difficult for me... i have a hard time saying no to people, especially family members. nowadays, things are so busy for me that i sometimes don't have a choice and while some people take offense to this, i always make sure to explain myself... sometimes i think people are just so used to me always saying yes! that when i do say no, it's shocking haha. and i also think i probably make a bigger deal about it than needs to be made. but still, this is something i am always working on.

    ReplyDelete