Thursday 23 August 2012

Breaking down

We are all faced with challenges that overwhelm us at first glance. But as Nelson Mandela tells us "Everything seems impossible, until it is done".  So how do we transition from a mountain sized task to a pebble size task?  We write the tasks down into microsteps.  If the request for an 80 page report is sitting on our desk and we have a month to complete it, we could write four pages every day for 20 days.  After each day we give ourselves a rewards such as a fancy tea or a walk around the neighbourhood to reflect on our accomplishment.

How do you get though tough projects?

1 comment:

  1. I b-r-e-a-t-h-e.
    I break down my tasks into smaller units, like you suggest. I take the day 15 minutes at a time. I pray and use slogans like, "Easy does it," and "Let Go and Let God."

    I do my best and leave the results up to God.

    ReplyDelete