Saturday 18 August 2012

Scared at night

Sleep is an interesting time for many people. Some have difficulty falling asleep and require the aid of pharmaceuticals to make the journey into slumber a more effective process. Some have restless sleeps, waking every hour or so because of an imaginary fear, and finding it hard to return to the sandman's cozy presence. In rare cases, some people sleepwalk or sleeptalk, half in the realm of dreams, half in the real world, often disturbing others with their actions.  How can we ensure a solid night of slumber? Do we get a pet to snuggle with us, do we exercise vigorously during the day, do we avoid certain foods before bed?  Please share your tips with the world.

How do you ensure a restful night?

2 comments:

  1. Exercise definitely helps. I conk out after I've had a one hour or more bike ride. I avoid fluids in the evening---it helps prevent trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

    Prayer is a great way to fall asleep. I believe the last thing we think about before we sleep informs our subconscious. I prefer to have happy thoughts before bedding down. That's why I often post my gratitudes late at night, just before I hit the hay.

    Thank you, Vanessa, for this place in cyberspace. I'm wishing you the best for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read a chapter to wind down my day relieving any stresses of the day. I fall asleep quickly and sleep relatively well.

    ReplyDelete