Monday 29 July 2013

The sweater

Touch my sweater.
Feel the warm fabric caress your hands.
It is woven with threads of love. 
Each strand is a loving embrace, a belly laugh, a moment of raw trust.

Every encounter with a friend, stranger or family member tells a colourful story
through the knit of my sweater.
You were a loose thread.  I kept tucking you in to make you fit, but you defiantly jutted out again,
away from me.
I must make a cut into the negative weave you continue to pull against.

You are gone.
My sweater is whole again.

7 comments:

  1. its funny how we will keep that pull in our sweaters until it is just too much to bear... glad you're sweater is whole again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes the best thing to do is cut off those loose threads. Amazing how good that can feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet. I feel lighter, happier, more whole.

      Delete
  3. LOVE the analogies here Vanessa. What a wonderful write :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It came from a strong place in my heart. It is raw emotion. Glad you liked it.

      Delete
  4. I don't wear sweaters. They make me sweaty. But I do wear windbreakers, especially when cycling.

    Just kidding.

    Sometimes there is addition by subtraction, when it comes to the sweaters you refer to. It's a good lesson to remember.


    ReplyDelete