Sunday 10 November 2013

Drive-by connection

We all need intimate interaction. We need a place where we can let down our guard and share from the heart. We can do this best when it is unplanned and spontaneous. But how to make this happen? Choose a friend or two who doesn't mind if you come over last minute and drop in for supper or tea. I call this a drive-by and it works best when my emotions are getting the best of me and I just need to escape for a little while and be in the presence of love and acceptance. According to my friends, these interactions help them to connect with me more deeply and let our friendship blossom into a feeling of family rather than simply acquaintances. The drive-by isn't an action that happens all the time of course, it is a gift to be used when the time is right. Who are your go-to people in your life? Have you ever tried the drive-by?

No comments:

Post a Comment