Monday 25 November 2013

Night moves

The night pulls. Its outstretched arm drags me into a new mood, a quiet reflection. Darkness opens its depths and envelopes like a mummy bag in my thin tent of protection. Arrival in this place feels finite as though morning may never come. The day's end a final song before the final credits make their way across the black screen. Tonight is now. My hands find the covers and pull them back to reveal a restful night full of deep dreams. Checklist. Teeth. Clothes for tomorrow. Medication. Check. The minutes seem softer, quieter, as though they are whispering the presence of time. Sliding into the warm cocoon. I will stay here. I will rest. Heavy eyelids wave good-bye to the day. Night begins to move and I follow.

5 comments:

  1. You sound an Idealist--a NF---according to Meyers Briggs.
    Quite poetic, your entry. Although your post evokes feelings, I don't hear any expressed. The closest thing is what you describe as a mood, which is actually cognitive and not affective---emotionally related.

    I'm concerned when I stay within my thinking. Our mind is a dangerous place to travel alone. Today, I celebrate:The Vibrancy of Life it's joys and challenges. I love the peace I have because of the work I've done for my personal growth. I'm thrilled for the Balcony People in my life. After spending time with them, I'm vitalized, energized and my heart is full of their love and greater love for myself.

    Wishing you a great and grateful day. I look forward to seeing you at my place, soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I believe I am an ENTJ…is that right? Let's have a chat soon friend.

      Delete
  2. People have been talking about night a lot lately and what it does to them. I'm a night person and it brings out a brilliantly dark part of me that I learned to embrace long ago. Things change for me in a liberating way once the sun goes down, the cover of night is freeing.

    Thought provoking, yet again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad I got your cogs turning. Thanks for visiting!!

      Delete
    2. care to elaborate? Does night simply make you sleepy or does it bring out a part of you that you wouldn't otherwise? Don't let the word dark fool you, it isn't necessarily bad, only cloaked in black and more difficult to see. I say there things to remind myself as much as anyone, just be open minded.

      Delete