Wednesday 27 March 2013

Shift into idle

We spend a lot of our day in fourth gear, flying from one task to the next.  But in this fast paced lifestyle we tend to forget things, make mistakes and sometimes we flat out trip ourselves.  Shift your brain to an idle gear and do tasks such as filing, organizing, and creative imagery to plan for future tasks. This allows the blocked thoughts to become free, so keep a pad of paper beside you to capture flying random ideas. This not only allows you to slow down and to think of plans to help you move forward, but it also helps you to reset, to fuel you up before another mega tasking spree.

7 comments:

  1. I so totally agree with you. Thank you, for your reminder. A frenetic lifestyle only wounds our inner self---our spirit.

    I've written about us being in "HALT," and needing to halt,here. I'm grateful dropped by and was prompted by you, today.

    Also, ya ay! I'm so glad I have my laptop again, and can write you and others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to have you as part of my blog family Pablo

      Delete
  2. Sometimes we just need to stop and breaaaaaathe. We are all in one big hurry in this modern world of ours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, slow it down. Are you skilled at doing this keith?

      Delete
  3. I am going away this weekend to visit my grandparents. I am really looking forward to it. They live in a remote and very beautiful country town. I am looking forward to sitting on their patio watching sunsets, listening to their life stories, going for long walks and eating delicious dutch meals. When I am there, I am reminded that I need to slow down and breathe. They help me to learn patience and they help me reset and refuel for my regular crazy life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will have to fill me in on all the magical moments you will create with your elders. Listening to their stories is truly healing. Well done!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete