Thursday 7 March 2013

Slow and steady wins the race

Take a wee nap.  You are worth it.  You deserve a little relaxation time.  Thinking of taking a long soak in the tub?  Why not.  When is the last time you treated yourself?  Napping is not for lazy people, it's for people who believe in self-care.  If your body and mind need to slow down, why fight it? We are fragile beings who need to re-set every now and then, so try to avoid pushing your to-do list past the feeling of exhaustion and take a breather. Rest. Restore. Renew.

6 comments:

  1. I couldn't survive without my daily nap and my nightly bath time. It's not a treat, it's a necessity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't taken a nap in forever since I am always working during the day...may have to carve some time out in my office during lunch and take your advice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can definitely relate to this one. Tonight, I am going to have a me night. A good movie, a bubble bath and a large cup of soothing tea. Maybe stretch a little too. Self care... so important.

    Thank you for your inspirational posts. I have been reading your blog for awhile now and find that your words help me to get through my tough days. I find your posts uplifting and encouraging. You have a way with your words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad to find you here! Thanks for chatting and for the amazing encouragement. I write about things that inspire me through my day. It started when I was going through a depression and I used it as a way to lift me up from the pits. Thanks for continuing to visit, I feel your support.

      Delete