Monday 28 October 2013

Get un-comfortable

It is so comforting to spend time in a place of contentment and stillness. Some of us sleep, some of us meditate, some of us read a good book. We pull away from the details that are causing us stress and retreat. This is a beautiful and necessary practice, but some of us can get lost in the quiet and fear reaching out to a different wave of energy, uncomfortableness. In this state we are shaking things up, moving energies and emotions around that were once laying dormant. This is a scary and strange place, but it usually marks the end of a chapter and the start of a new path. Maybe you try to make a new friend, perform public speaking, or request a raise. These new experiences are trials for sure, and they are not void of stress, but they can be transformative and really, usually worth the risk. What will you do to shake things up? I went on an online dating forum, yikes!!

5 comments:

  1. Online dating that certainly would shake things up:) I test myself every once in awhile not to long ago I went for a Helicopter ride it was uncomfortable and very frightening but I actully loved that I faced it. I find peace in the trees. B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I lived on your property, I would be going for hikes every day. Lucky girl!! You work so hard though.

      Delete
  2. Stepping out of one's comfort zone usually always leads to good things :)
    Every friend in our lives was at one point a total stranger...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like you…and now you are my friend. Love you!

      Delete
  3. It's not stepping out of my comfort zone that poses difficulty, its letting people into my comfort zone. I.get a rush from doing things that scares the shit out of me and I thrive on it.

    I like your blog, I think I'll read some more

    ReplyDelete