Saturday 5 October 2013

Shop smart

We live in a world where messages tell us everyday that we need more stuff to be better, to feel more complete. I am a consumer just like you and the act of window shopping excites me no matter what mood I am in. I ask that you take some time to reflect on what you are buying and how it is going to improve your life. If you are buying a new shampoo, ask for a sample before you commit to one brand. If it is a new sweater, could a similar sweater be purchased from a second hand store or maybe even free at a clothing swap with friends? Question the product, its purpose and of course, its cost. You worked very hard to earn your money and you deserve to spend your cash in a way that maintains your level of peace and comfort for many years to come. I have read studies on the connection between a woman's moon cycle and the type of shopping she does. If you are a female or know a female, understand that on some days they need a farmers market, on other days they want big ticket items, and on other days they would rather stay home. Honour that. Before heading out to the malls, ask your heart if that is what it needs. Maybe a simple coffee out for friends or a long prayer would be enough to fill the void. Have you noticed the change of shopping habits of women…? I wish I could find that article...

No comments:

Post a Comment