Thursday 29 March 2012

Agora Borealis

Agora - a word meaning gathering place.  These are wonderful spaces to practice living in the moment.

Find a bus station, shopping centre or park, and people watch.  Notice  how groups and individuals move and interact with their surroundings.  Try to create stories for each interesting being that is sharing the space with you in this very moment.  Is there a reason fate placed that person beside you?  What can you learn?  What if you smile at someone - how might it change the energy of the agora?  How might it change your experience?

I love visiting the library, it lifts me up.  I live in a very multi-cultural community so I am blessed to hear busy children speaking many foreign languages as they play with friends on the computers and as they interact with their parents on what books and videos to take.  I love to observe the materials people are checking out.  An old man picking up love novels, maybe for his sick wife or a young girl taking out books on pregnancy, these mini stories cause me to connect with strangers in a way I didn't think possible.  Most of all I love that everyone is at the library to learn something new, we are all on a path to expanding our minds and to me, that is a beautiful thing.

1 comment:

  1. I love "people watching". It's so fascinating. I love looking at other people and wondering their stories and marveling at how we're all interconnected.

    ReplyDelete