Wednesday 14 March 2012

What's your song?

Music can perform as a great healer and the messages held in lyrics can touch our hearts in ways we rarely recognize.  A good friend once gave me a gift that said "A good friend knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you've forgotten the words".  We keep ourselves so busy, often we can hear a song but we seldom listen to the words, the meaning, the melody.

Take a few minutes to center yourself.  Listen to your breath.  With your eyes closed try looking into your heart and seeing what song starts to bubble up.  Maybe you'll start humming.  Great!
Listen several times to the song you've discovered and see if there's a hidden message that you may have disregarded.

Enjoy the music.

3 comments:

  1. I like this post. I followed your instructions and I think my song might be "Vindicated" by Dashboard Confessional

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loving your comments - they put a massive smile on my face.
      My song was Shake it out by Florence and the Machine. Haha - there's a lot of messages there!

      Delete
    2. Great song choice and yes there are LOTS of messages there! I really liked this exercise - it made me think.

      Delete