Sunday 22 April 2012

Catch your reflection

The people around us, our friends and loved ones, are a reflection of ourselves.  If you are constantly amazed by the strength and grace of those in your life, then perhaps you could take some time to see the strength and grace within yourself.

Find an old letter, card or message from a friend and spend time pouring over each sweet word.  They gave you this gift because of the incredible person you are.  Savour it.  If you feel particularly inspired, consider writing a letter or sending a card to a person you care for.  Live in those moments of gratitude.

5 comments:

  1. This is soooo very true! There's not that many that praise me (often) but it is those actions I am praised upon that push me forward… Mould the shape of the person I am… and can be. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, cathcing ourselves in the amazing reflections thrust upon us by friends can open us to great confidence. Plus, it feels great!

      Delete
  2. Vanessa,

    I took your advice and did this yesterday evening. I have a box of correpondence from some old friends. Re-readning those letters made me feel notalgic but in a happy way, not a sad way. Thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you took on the challenge! I hope those letters inspired you, awakened you and revived you. Amazing to hear.

      Delete
  3. You must have read my blog. :) Saturday's posting was about the transcendent experience I had when I took the time to write, in cursive, to a dear friend, even though I was to see her that night, it was her birthday.

    (Some young kids now call cursive writing, ancient. Sadly, some don't know how.)

    I'm thankful for what happened when I took the 42 minutes to write how much I cherished this person. I discovered that it wasn't for her sake as much as it was for mine---it was a spiritually uplifting when I wrote.

    I have folders entitled "encouragements". Within them are notes, letters and cards from my loved ones. They are a treasure that exceed monetary value. When I look to be cheered, they are there for me.

    Wishing you a terrific week!

    ReplyDelete