Sunday 1 April 2012

Enjoy being whole and perfect as you are.

Perhaps the greatest challenge, once fully awake, is to simply witness our being rather than forcing ourselves to be something different, or better.  To drop all reaching and simply open like a clam waiting in the deep until life in all its guises floods through the half-closed centre that is us.

Then light, or spirit, or God can enter us like a brilliant stone falling in a lake.  Allowing the past to ripple behind us and the future ripple before us, and in that space we are breathing in eternity.

You are whole.  You are complete.  You are eternal.

3 comments:

  1. I had problems with this for years until the past year or so. Allowing my acceptance of self to happen organically.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the greatest gifts I've received as an adult is learning how to have acceptance with grace towards myself. This is far superior to acceptance with resignation.

    The healing of my vulnerable self is expedited when it's loved, and not judged harshly. My real self slips out from psychological fig leaves and enjoys healing and transformation when treated this way.

    I'm thankful for the restorative power that is found when I do my inventory with love, not condemnation. It helps seeing, what good qualities I have on the shelves of my personhood, along with those areas where I want to grow characterologically.

    I have learned to apply healthy alternatives to coping habits, or thoughts, that lost their proportion and no longer serve me, things like worry, fear, resentment or isolation.

    Thanks for your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite quotes regarding this subject:

    "Condemning my imperfections has never enhanced my appreciation of life nor helped me to love myself more." Courage to Change, p 19

    ReplyDelete